LED is the latest lighting technology for your cabinets, furniture and displays. But what is LED? LED or Light Emitting Diode is a semiconductor diode that emits visible light when an electric current passes through it. It will only be a matter of time before the lighting industry standard is LED and LED alone.
LED has many benefits over traditional lighting.
- Long Lifetime - LED lights can have a lifetime of up to 50,000 usable hours.
- LED’s do not burn out abruptly, but fail by gradually dimming over time. This basically eliminates bulb changes.
- LED lights require very little energy compared to an incandescent or halogen light. This results in lower energy costs.
- LED’s produce minimal heat. They stay cool to the touch which makes them a safe light source in many environments. They are also great for illuminating heat sensitive products such as chocolate.
- LED fixtures tend to be very compact in profile and design. They don’t require additional ventilation space making it possible to install LED lighting just about anywhere.
Our great selection of LED products makes it easy to find the exact light for your application. We also have the best customer service in the industry for any questions you may have regarding LED lighting.