Here are some things that you need to know when ordering a Lazy Susan shelf system. All Lazy Susan shelves are designed to be installed before or after a cabinet is built and a countertop is installed. Lazy Susans are usually designed with two or three shelves, but can have as many as five.
CabinetParts.com sells only products and materials from the top manufactures of kitchen organizers, such as Rev-A-Shelf, Knape and Vogt, Fulterer, Omega National, and Kessebohmer. While there are many other options, quality is always a consideration and we can help make your choice easier by only offering the best.
The old adages of "You get what you pay for" and "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" are good things to remember. A $10.00 Lazy Susan system will get you $10.00 of actual use. Lazy Susans should be affordable, but not "cheap." A decent Lazy Susan will usually cost around $40.00 or more.
Determining the type of Lazy Susan to use
|Type||Full Circle||Kidney Shaped||Half Moon||Pie Cut||D Shaped|
|Details||Multi-purpose shelf used in many applications. Can be used in cross corner cabinets. This type cabinet is usually in the corner of the kitchen and cuts across the corner on a 45-degree angle. These can also be used in standard pantry cabinets.||Used exclusively in L-shaped corner cabinets and are NOT attached to the door. The shelving spins independently of the door. These cabinets are in the corner of the kitchen and have a 90-degree L shape at the front where the doors are.||Used exclusively in blind corner cabinets. Blind corner cabinets will be up to 42" long in the corner of the kitchen with only one door all the way to the right or left of the cabinet.||Used in L-shaped corner cabinets where the door needs to be attached to the shelf and spin back into the cabinet. These cabinets are in the corner of the kitchen and have a 90-degree L shape at the front where the doors are; sometimes called "easy reach cabinets."||Used in cross corner cabinets. This type cabinet is usually in the corner of the kitchen and cuts across the corner at a 45-degree angle.|
|Hardware Required||Supplied||Supplied||Supplied||Screws needed to attach the shelves to the door||Supplied|
|Shop Full Circle||Shop Kidney Shaped||Shop Half Moon||Shop Pie Cut||Shop D Shaped|
Material ChoicesLazy Susan shelves are offered in many different materials.
Polymer Plastic Features
- This is a durable and long-lasting material.
- You want to choose a plastic shelf that has steel bearings. Economy versions have plastic bearings that are not as durable as the steel and may tend to not last as long as the steel version.
- Shelves are usually clear-coated maple or birch.
- The finish is durable and easily cleaned.
- They have a steam bent lip around the shelf to keep things from slipping off.
Chrome and Chrome with Glass Bottoms Features:
- Heavy gauge steel wire shelves with a plated chrome finish.
- Available with glass inserts that have anti-skid transparent coating also.
- Higher-end product.
- The glass is easy to clean, but the chrome may show fingerprints and need to be cleaned more often as a cosmetic consideration.